5-Alarm Festival & Chili Cook-off
Family, Food & Fun for Everyone!
Saturday, October 8, 2016
Carousel Park (Downtown Hampton)
12 noon to 4 p.m.
The 5-Alarm Festival & Chili Cook-off is hosted annually by Hampton Fire & Rescue on the first or second Saturday of October. One major goal of the festival is to bring awareness to the dangers of fire and to promote fire safety through educational and preventive activities. Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home injuries, followed by heating fires.
Each year Hampton Fire & Rescue offers free home safety surveys and does a door-to-door campaign targeting residential areas where fires have occurred more frequently. The Division also has a free smoke detector program. Proceeds from the festival help to support that program and fire safety education and prevention activities throughout the city.
Join us on Saturday, October 8th at Hampton's Carousel Park located in downtown Hampton beside the Virginia Air & Space Museum. This is a fun-filled family event with face-painting and crafts for the children. View our photo gallery.
- Learn valuable fire safety information
- Enjoy a bounce house and slides
- Meet our Accelerant Detection Dog, Taylor
- Check out a fire engine or ambulance and talk to the crew
- Sample contestant's chili and cornbread
- Take a photo with Sparky the Fire Dog
- Food, drinks and more will be available
- Free and open to the public
For more information, contact Corey Johnson at 757-325-4945 or email coljohnson
Participate as a vendor or compete in the chili cook-off.